Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if i understand well, the fish tank should not be flat at the bottom ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if i understand well, the fish tank should not be flat at the bottom ?

all the waste should be accumulated at a point where the pump will be located ? Please advise .

Yep, you understand right. That is the ideal. Everyone doesnt have the "ideal" situation, though, so we work with what we have. My first pond was a flat bottom rectangular hole in the ground with the floor at a slight angle so the "stuff" would eventually migrate towards the pump at the lower end. My newer setup is with a flat bottom round tank. I have designed the return from my sump tank to flow in such a way to create a gentle whirlpool effect which will help the solids migrate towards the center where my pump is. Neither is perfect, but it works good enough for me.

Comment

The theoretical ideal is a purpose-built aquaculture tank with a cone-shaped bottom and a bottom centre drain. For practical purposes, a 'faux' parabolic tank with a rounded bottom is arguably the most cost-effective. As Ian has stated, you can pretty much use any tank that allows you to set up a circular 'whirlpool' effect.

Comment

Working...
      X