Farmin' in Jozitown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmin' in Jozitown

Hi, my name is Nicol. I grew up on a farm in the Western Cape in South Africa, which we had to give up when my dad passed away. I live in Johannesburg now, and at best, I am a gentleman farmer. I've been through a few iterations of trying to farm whilst keeping a dayjob - the latest being a very ambitious 3 ha plot. This was doomed to fail.

All of my farming toys are currently gathering dust in my garage. Inpsipired by the market gardening community, I have borrowed an unused backyard of about 500 sqm. I want to see what can be done on a space like that.

I have a 6x12m tunnel, a tiller, a 10kl RAS system, a single row planter and enough irrigation fittings to keep me going for a while.

Let's start a farm!

Oh Nicol...what a first post?

Let me apologise in advance for the damage to your mind that may happen as a consequence of your association with me...but that post pushed every button I have...with the exception of the Greek yoghurt one.

Let me introduce you to Waste Transformation Farming...and do you have somewhere for me to stay when I come to your farm?

Comment

Oh, Gary. I broke my mind a long time ago. You won't be able to claim that for yourself.

As for a place to stay, my wife runs a little self catering cottage in our backyard.

Comment

The place looks lovely and the price is right.

Comment

Working...
        X